Happy Pride Month!
In honor of Pride, the Being Human Group team is sharing some of our favorite resources for LGBTQIA+ folx and their families and allies. Pride is more than posting rainbow pictures on social media, and we hope to offer some support and information if you’re feeling less than celebratory, or just need more education for yourself or others in your life. We see you, and we are here for you!
Resources for Parents of LGBTQIA+ Kiddos:
- “The Gender Creative Child”
- Human Rights Campaign: Family Project
- Find a therapist or other support person to talk to if you need help talking to your child, or working through your own feelings as they come up
Resources for Trans Folx:
- Folx Health offers HRT from the comfort of your home
- “Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource by and for the Transgender Community”
- “The Trans Self-Care Workbook
- Therapy Den lists inclusive therapists (including us at Being Human Group!)
- WPATH for the standards of medical care as well as trans informed doctors and therapists directory
- “You and Your Gender Identity: A Guide to Discovery”
- Follow @thegenderdoula on Instagram
Resources for Queer, Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Pan Folx:
- Your local Planned Parenthood to take care of your health
- Therapy Den
Ways to Celebrate No Matter How you Identify:
- Attend a pride event
- Educate yourself
- Volunteer or donate to an organization that supports queer folx
- Use inclusive language
- Support queer owned businesses and artists
- Head to https://www.hrc.org/campaigns/celebrate-pride-with-us and send a card to a loved one letting them know you support them.
- If it isn’t safe for you to be out and celebrate, then know there are resources and people that care-and we’re here when you need us-contact us today!